About Capital University
Capital University of Somalia is non-state, non-profit educational institution, supported by the non-profit “Capital Foundation (CAF)” aimed to foster and develop knowledge through engagement of youth in education and research activities
.Since its inception, it has gone on to secure its place as one of the best places in the country to study as it won the support of the local community in recognition of its outstanding innovation in creating the Culture and Languages’ institute, which contributes in building a solid pre-university foundation for students with regard to English language and scientific subjects. At the moment its main office is in Mogadishu, Somalia, where there was a need to establish the university and there is a plan to open branches in other parts of the country. We are committed to excellence and intend to be unique among Somali universities in the breadth of disciplines we offer, providing wide-ranging opportunities for quality education and personal development and to explore new frontiers of knowledge in areas of national importance, to find unique solutions that improve and transform the current situation of the war-torn country. It is seeking to have good collaboration and information sharing with some institutions of its kind working in the same field in different parts of the world.
1) To provide quality higher learning for university education.
2) To integrate teaching, research and effective application of knowledge and skills to the life, work and welfare of citizens of Somalia.
3) To promote the education system of Somalia by constructing and sponsoring a number of model schools and professional institutes within the framework of the University.
4) To empower the students to apply their knowledge and skills in serving others through a community extension program
5) Maintain or increase reports of active, collaborative and experiential learning both in and outside of the classroom
6) Direct the misled young generation by knowledge and making them love their own community and country
7) Provide an environment that nurtures excellence and high standards of professionalism in teaching, learning, research and community services