| Welcome to the Faculty of Health Science
About the Faculty
The Faculty of Health Sciences provides comprehensive knowledge to the field of Health Sciences that aims to develop an appreciation of the unique and important mission of Health Sciences; an understanding of the history, values, ethics, mission, and goals of public health; and knowledge about how Health Sciences functions today including the organization, financing, policies, and practices of public health. Students will be expected to think critically about whether Health Sciences has achieved its mission in today’s world and how the profession might develop in the future. The grandaunts will be able to promote healthy people, places and policies.
Faculty Health Sciences improves the health and quality of life of a population, by working to prevent disease, prolong life, and promote health through scientifically analyzing populations and generating solutions to problems
The Goal of the Faculty
The goal of capital University in the faculty of health Sciences is to equip students with the knowledge, attitude and practical skills necessary to work in the prevention, Primitive, prolong life through community based health research.
1. Conduct research upon the health and development of the rural and their urban communities, put emphasis on vulnerable groups, and Perform full community diagnosis using the indicators of health prior to community intervention.
2. Function adequately with other members of the health team at local, state, national and international settings to increase the knowledge, skills and attitude necessary for individuals to assume greater responsibility for their health status of their community.
3. Participate actively in community mobilization processes and produce Information Education Communication (IEC) materials for health communication plan and implement client health education and information strategies on health issues in health facilities/clinics/hospital and community settings.
4. Participate an immunization exercises and perform nutrition-wide assessment of infants, children of school age, adolescents and adults in the community using anthropometric and other relevant measurements
5. Identify the main occupational hazards in the work place, Monitor the environment for pollutants, and ensure safety at homes and public places.
6. Plan and implement school health programmes for risk reduction and nutrition education
7. Plan and develop survey strategies/methods for communicable disease control and disease surveillance and Develop good working relationship among NGOs, government and international organizations.
|1.||Bachelor of Science in Public Health||4 Years|
|2.||Bachelor of Science in Nursing||4 Years|
|3.||Bachelor of Science in Midwifery||4 Years|
|4.||Bachelor of Human Nutrition & Dietetics||4 Years|
|5.||Bachelor of Science in Medical Laboratory Science||4 Years|
- Original Secondary School Certificate
- 4 Passport size color photos
- Payment of Non-refundable Registration fee
- Filling the Application Form
- Getting Pass Marks in Admission Exam